Making buildings energy efficient and delivering all energy with renewable technologies
Unitec is committed to working towards zero carbon. This means making our buildings more energy efficient, purchasing renewable energy and generating our own renewable energy on campus. Some of our key Zero Carbon targets include reducing carbon emissions by 50% by 2030 and increasing the proportion of renewable energy usage to 100% by 2030.
By dramatically reducing the physical footprint of the Mt Albert campus. Currently we’re operating out of 177 buildings. The Future Campus vision will see that consolidated to 12 main buildings. We will include zero carbon principles, strategies and skills in our programmes and invest in projects to demonstrate low carbon technologies and renewable energies on campus.
- Reduce Carbon Emissions by 50% by 2030
- Reduce Carbon Emissions by 30% by 2025
- Achieve Zero Carbon by 2016
- Generate ≥ 1% of Unitec’s energy renewably onsite by 2025
- Increase proportion of renewable energy usage to 75% by 2020
- Increase proportion of renewable energy usage to 100% by 2030
- Increase space utilisation to 56% by 2020